Related Topics: Sustainable Development, MGIEP
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the first-ever World Youth Conference for Kindness in New Delhi.
- The conference was in commemoration of the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of Mahatma Gandhi.
About the Conference
- It was organised by the UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP).
- The theme of the conference was ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: Gandhi for the Contemporary World: Celebrating the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi’.
- It is aimed at providing youth with creative, effective methods of engaging and realising the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- It sought inspiration from Gandhi’s championing of non-violence.
[Sources: The Hindu, MGIEP website]