- The members of US India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi. The delegation was led by Mr. John Chambers, Chairman of USISPF.
- Key points of the discussion with PM included the country’s start-up ecosystem, government initiatives to promote innovation, and steps that the government has taken to improve the ease of doing business in India.
- The delegation presented PM Modi with three USISPF reports, on U.S.-India bilateral trade, high-tech manufacturing, and coal gasification.
- It is a non-profit organization established in 2017.
- The primary objective of the forum is to strengthen the India-US bilateral and strategic partnership through policy advocacy in the fields of economic growth, entrepreneurship, employment-creation, and innovation.
- USISPF will engage with both US- and India-based companies through its 13 sector-specific committees, focusing on advancing, through advocacy, prosperity for all in both countries.
- Advocacy initiatives include tracking opportunities at the state and federal level, identifying new avenues for investment, and deepening engagement with stakeholders.
- It is Headquartered in Washington DC
- According to USISPF estimates, India-US bilateral trade is projected to grow to 238 billion dollars by 2025.
- The assessment underscores the pathways for growth and economic opportunities in bilateral ties by highlighting current trends.
- Sectors like defence trade, commercial aircraft, oil and LNG, coal, machinery and electronics are areas of potential growth in US investments and commerce into India.
- Indian industry has an opportunity to promote automotive, pharmaceuticals, seafood, IT and travel services to the US market.
Second Annual India Leadership Summit
- It was hosted by US India Strategic and Partnership Forum (USISPF) with the theme “Partners of Growth“.
- Top leaders and corporate executives from India and the US gathered in New Delhi on October 21, 2019 for a day-long brain storming session on trade and geo-politics, as a part of the summit.
- Over 300 influential and powerful people from India and the US joined the summit.
- The summit focussed on the immense potential that the US-India relationship has in areas beyond trade including sustainability, security, energy access and innovation.
[Source: Livemint, usispf.org]